1/7/12

New Shit for a New Year

I played my favorites from this past year and what I am looking forward to this upcoming year. Hope you enjoyed tuning in. Below you can find the breakdown of what I played, my comments, and who is coming to Montreal soon!

Fleet Foxes- Helpless blues (Sub Pop)

Long one, but a goodie!


Deer Tick- The Bump (Partisan)


They call me Rico- Am I wrong? ( voxtone)

Dance hard!!


Feist- How come you never go there? (Arts & Crafts)


Sharon Van Etten- Serpents (Jagjaguwar)

Current Jam.


Cobra + Vulture- Apology (Self-release)

Download the whole album!! You won't regret it!


Gillian Welsh- The Way it goes (Acony)


Timber Timbre- Black water (Arts & Crafts)

Saw them play in a church- epic!


James Blake- A Case of you (A &M)

Favorite part:

I drew a map of Canada
Oh Canada
With your face sketched on it twice

Molly Sweeny- Gold rings and fur pelts (Syren Songs)

Playing in Montreal on 13 Jan and 14 Feb


Real Estate- Green Aisles (Woodsist)

Coming to Montreal 18 Jan


Kurt Vile- In my time (Matador)


K-man and the 45s- Shoes keep Skankin’ (Clark St.)

Just love the song title!


Fitz and the Tantrums- Don’t gotta work it out (Dangerbird)

I have a signed T-shirt. Jealous?!?


Myths- The Horizon (Self-Release)


Charolette Gainsburg- Paradisco (Freebase)


Mozart’s Sister- Don’t leave it (self-release)

Mozart’s Sister- Single Status

Mozart’s Sister- Contentedness

When I saw Mozart’s Sister 3 days after a bad break-up she got be back on track! Dance Away!


Grimes- Vanessa (Arbutus)

Montreal's very own!


Girls- Honey Bunny (Sub Pop)

So campy!


Go for the eyes- beck n’call (self-release)


EMA- Milkman (Souterrain Transmissions)


Sleigh bells- Born to loose (Mom+Pop)

I don’t usually mosh...


Cut Copy- Need you to know (Modular)


The Kills- You don’t own the road (Domino)

Coming to Montreal 05 Fed. See you there!


Lykke Li- Get Some (LL)


Active Child- Playing House (Vagrant)

Too true.

FYI: He plays the harp. It's hot.


Bon Iver- Blood Bank (Jagjaguwar)

I could listen to this on repeat for a very long time.


Battles- Ice Cream (Warp)


No comments:

Post a Comment